Search This Blog

Sunday, May 12, 2013

BCM: Varsity Match 2013 by Franklin on IM Panjwani,R(CAN) Game

IM Panjwani is featured in the BCM.

From the British Chess Magazine
131st Varsity Match-Oxford-v-Cambridge
by Samuel Franklin

'My first experience of the Varsity Match was a somewhat mixed affair. On the one hand, it felt special being part of a tradition that dates back to 1873. The conditions were good and somehow it didn’t seem at all unnatural bringing a suit and black tie to a chess event. 

IM Panjwani,Raja
Photo-British Chess Magazine

Moreover, the right university won in the end. On the other hand, I lost my game and for the second time found myself on the wrong side of a best game prize. (more)[Annotated game in article]'

Here is the game with my annotations as previously published on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment