Search This Blog

Saturday, August 17, 2013

An Iranian in Toronto-GM Elshan Moradiabadi:Chessbase Article

An Iranian in Toronto-by GM Elshan Moradiabadi
A great article.
From left to right: Sanja Vukosavljevic (president of the Hart Chess club at the University of Toronto), Heidi Winick (Ted’s wife), Marcus Wilker (president of Annex, he gave me a hard time in our simul), your reporter GM Elshan Moradiabadi, George Supol (charming treasure and vice president of Annex with stories), Ted Winick (simply a man of great ideas).

'As a professional chess player for over a decade, exploring new places has always been a part of my nature. I have always wanted to visit Canada. Why is that? Is it the chess or the country? 

Curiosity was the primary reason. I wanted to see for myself the similarity and differences between the “melting pot” and the “cultural mosaic”, both terms which I learned as I researched the country for a prospective trip. 

I was further encouraged after I realized that I might be able to meet several ex-colleagues from high school and university who had taken up residence in Canada.' (More) see complete article

No comments:

Post a Comment