Search This Blog

Friday, March 1, 2013

CFC President Resigns Effectively Immediately!

Politics at the Chess Federation of Canada
Presidents and Executive members continue to come and go.

From chesscanada Resignation
'Dear CFC Member,

Please be advised that I have tendered my resignation to the board. Mark
Dutton has graciously accepted assumption of my duties until the next AGM
and I trust each of you will welcome him as a more than satisfactory
replacement.

Serving you has, in equal measure, been both an honour and a privilege, which
makes it that much more difficult to leave. I did the best I could, which
is more than one can ask, and, on the whole, I hope these past 20 months
have met with your approval.

Sincerely,

Michael von Keitz


Interim President From-Chesstalk
'In the interim, I have agreed to act as the Interim President, pending the election of a new Executive at the AGM of the CFC likely to be held in 3 or 4 months in June or July this year.

I want to thank Michael for his excellent 20 months of service as our President and wish him all the best in his future endeavours!

Further, as a result of Michael's resignation, our Executive have lost 2 of our 7 members as this has resulted in Bob Gillanders departure as Past President. I will not be seeking re-election at the AGM this year and I do not expect to see the return of any more than 3 or 4 of us for next year.

Time for those considering serving the CFC to think about this and begin preparation for a presidential campaign or another position on the Executive.

Please stay tuned as the CFC will be issuing 3 important RFPs this week.

Thanks for your patience and understanding during this time of transition at the CFC.

Mark S. Dutton, I.A., I.O.
CFC President


No comments:

Post a Comment